(covers information from Vanguard universe)
History and FormationEdit
Task Force ComplementEdit
Task Force Resolute is composed of sixty-three (68) combat-oriented Federation starships:
- One (1) Invincible-class Fleet Carrier-Heavy Battleship, USS Resolute
- Two (2) Sovereign-class Battleships.
- Two (2) Galaxy-class Battleships.
- Four (4) Nebula-class Heavy Cruisers.
- Four (4) Akira-class Heavy Cruisers.
- Six (6) Prometheus-class Tactical Assault Cruisers.
- One (1) Intrepid-class Scout.
- Eight (8) Norway-class Destroyers.
- Ten (10) Steamrunner-class Light Cruisers.
- Twenty (20) Saber-class Frigates.
- Five (5) Defiant-class Escorts.
- One (1) Hope-class Medical Cruiser.
- Two (2) Nova-class Science Frigates.
- Two (2) Ambassador III-class Supply Cruisers.
Task Force Resolute is regularly deployed out of Starbase 185 for three-month missions to any point in space beyond Zakdorn space, rimward. After each three-month mission, it returns to base for at least two weeks to allow its crews time for shore leave and for needed repairs, resupplies, refits and upgrades to its complement of starships.
Although only the USS Resolute is the only starship in the task force with a Quantum Slipstream Drive, because of the size of the slipstream tunnel produced by the flagship, the rest of the task force can travel with it at slipstream speed in tight formation.
Through the Quantum Slipstream Drive, the task force can be deployed to the farthest sectors authorized within a relatively short period of time and operate there.