(covers information from Vanguard universe)
One of the major divisions of Vanguard Command and the Vanguard Fleet is Task Force Regent. It is commanded by former USS Excalibur-A Captain and now one-star Rear admiral (lower grade) Mackenzie Calhoun. It has as its flagship the Suzerain-class Fleet Carrier USS Regent.
Then Captain Calhoun was among the first senior Starfleet officer to be recruited into Vanguard Command by Fleet admiral Maximus Hunter. He readily accepted the transfer after having spent several years commanding the Galaxy-class Battleship USS Excalibur-A. Although very much contented with his post on the Excalibur-A, Calhoun found Vanguard Command to be a potentially more adventurous and action-packed assignment. In addition, his wife, Rear admiral (lower grade) Elizabeth Shelby had also been personally recruited by Admiral Hunter to serve as base commander of one of the main forward positions of Vanguard Command, Starbase 514. it was an opportunity to work in close proximity to his wife.
Task Force ComplementEdit
Task Force Regent has a full complement of fifty-four (54) starships, composed of:
- One (1) Suzerain-class Fleet Carrier, USS Regent
- Two (2) Sovereign-class Battleships
- Two (2) Galaxy-class Battleships
- Three (3) Nebula-class Heavy Cruisers
- Three (3) Akira-class Heavy Cruisers
- Four (4) Prometheus-class Tactical Assault Cruisers
- One (1) Intrepid-class Scout
- Six (6) Norway-class Destroyers
- Eight Steamrunner-class Escorts/Light Cruisers
- Sixteen (16) Saber-class Escorts/Frigates
- Three (3) Defiant-class Armored Escorts
- One (1) Hope-class Medical Cruiser
- Two (2) Nova-class Science Frigates
- Two (2) Ambassador III-class Supply Cruisers
Task Force Regent has Starbase 514 as its base of operations, effectively reuniting Calhoun with his wife, Admiral Shelby.
Task Force Regent is regularly deployed out of Starbase 514 for three-month missions to any point beyond the "Frontier" borders. After each three-month mission, it returns to base for at least two weeks to allow its crews time for shore leave and for needed repairs, resupplies, refits and upgrades to its complement of starships.
Although only the USS Regent is the only starship in the task force with a quantum slipstream drive, because of the size of the slipstream tunnel produced by the flagship, the rest of the task force can travel with it at slipstream velocity in tight formation.