History and FormationEdit
Task Force ComplementEdit
Task Force Invincible is composed of sixty-eight (68) combat-oriented Federation starships:
- One (1) Invincible-class Fleet Carrier-Heavy Battleship, the USS Indomitable
- Two (2) Sovereign-class Battleships
- Two (2) Galaxy-class Battleships
- Four (4) Nebula-class Heavy Cruisers
- Four (4) Akira-class Heavy Cruisers
- Six (6) Prometheus-class Tactical Assault Cruisers
- One (1) Intrepid-class Scout
- Eight (8) Norway-class Destroyers
- Ten (10) Steamrunner-class Light Cruisers
- Twenty (20) Saber-class Frigates
- Five (5) Defiant-class Escorts
- One (1) Hope-class Medical Cruiser
- Two (2) Nova-class Science Frigates
- Two (2) Ambassador III-class Supply Cruisers
Task Force Indomitable is regularly deployed out of Starbase 214 for three-month missions to any point in space between the Talarian Republic and the Klingon Empire and beyond that, rimward. After each three-month mission, it returns to base for at least two weeks to allow its crews time for shore leave and for needed repairs, resupplies, refits and upgrades to its complement of starships.
Although only the USS Indomitable is the only starship in the task force with a Quantum Slipstream Drive, because of the size of the slipstream tunnel produced by the flagship, the rest of the task force can travel with it at slipstream speed in tight formation.
Through the Quantum Slipstream Drive, the task force can be deployed to the farthest sectors authorized within a relatively short period of time and operate there.