(covers information from Vanguard universe)
this article was thought of and created by Maximus
|Task Force Indomitable|
| Task Force Indomitable,|
lead task force of the Eighth Fleet
Task Force Complement
Task Force Invincible is composed of sixty-eight (68) combat-oriented Federation starships:
- One (1) Invincible-class Fleet Carrier-Command Battleship, the USS Indomitable
- Two (2) Sovereign-class Battle cruisers
- Two (2) Galaxy-class Battle cruisers, the USS Manitou
- Four (4) Nebula-class Heavy cruisers
- Four (4) Akira-class Heavy cruisers
- Six (6) Prometheus-class Assault cruisers
- One (1) Intrepid-class Light cruiser
- Eight (8) Norway-class Medium Cruisers
- Ten (10) Steamrunner-class Medium cruisers
- Twenty (20) Saber-class Fast frigates
- Five (5) Defiant-class Tactical frigates
- One (1) Hope-class Medical cruiser
- Two (2) Nova-class Science frigates
- Two (2) Ambassador III-class Cargo cruisers
Task Force Indomitable is regularly deployed out of Starbase 12 for three-month missions to any point in space. After each three-month mission, it returns to base for at least two weeks to allow its crews time for shore leave and for needed repairs, resupplies, refits and upgrades to its complement of starships.
Although only the USS Indomitable is the only starship in the task force with a Quantum Slipstream Drive, because of the size of the slipstream tunnel produced by the flagship, the rest of the task force can travel with it at slipstream speed in tight formation.
Through the Quantum Slipstream Drive, the task force can be deployed to the farthest sectors authorized within a relatively short period of time and operate there.