One of the major divisions of Vanguard Command and the Vanguard Fleet is Task Force Belligerent. It is commanded by former USS Bellingham Captain and now Rear Admiral (lower grade) Vraath ch'Evram. It has as its flagship the Yamato-class Heavy Battleship USS Belligerent.
Admiral ch'Evram, an Andorian chan, was among the first senior Starfleet officers to be recruited into Vanguard Command by Fleet Admiral Maximus Hunter. He accepted the transfer after having spent several years as Commanding Officer of the Saber-class Frigate USS Bellingham.
Task Force ComplementEdit
Task Force Belligerent has a full complement of fifty-four (54) starships, composed of:
- One (1) Yamato-class Heavy Battleship, the USS Belligerent
- Two (2) Sovereign-class Battleships
- Two (2) Galaxy-class Battleships
- Three (3) Nebula-class Heavy Cruisers
- Three (3) Akira-class Heavy Cruisers
- Four (4) Prometheus-class Tactical Assault Cruisers
- One (1) Intrepid-class Scout
- Six (6) Norway-class Destroyers
- Eight (8) Steamrunner-class Escorts/Light Cruisers
- Sixteen (16) Saber-class Escorts/Frigates
- Three (3) Defiant-class Escorts
- One (1) Hope-class Medical Cruiser
- Two (2) Nova-class Science Frigates
- Two (2) Ambassador III-class Supply Cruisers
Task Force Belligerent has Station Deep Space Delta-01 as its base of operations.
Task Force Belligerent is regularly deployed out of Station Deep Space Delta-01 for three-month missions to any reachable point in the Delta Quadrant. After each three-month mission, it returns to base for at least two weeks to allow its crews time for shore leave and for needed repairs, resupplies, refits and upgrades to its complement of starships.
Although the USS Belligerent is the only starship in the task force with a Quantum Slipstream Drive, the rest of the task force can travel with it at slipstream velocity in tight formation because of the size of the slipstream tunnel produced by the flagship.