this article was thought of and created by Ahpangcoga
A Starfleet unit's Chief Security Officer, Chief of Security, Security Chief, or Security Officer, was charged with keeping order aboard ship or station as pertaining to the investigation of violations of Starfleet regulations, altercations between crew members, and incarceration of any individual ordered into the brig by senior officers.
Duties and FunctionsEdit
The chief security officer worked closely with the first officer in arranging and conducting any courts-martial held aboard ship. The security chief also maintained the security force and drilled them, along with the rest of the crew, in such eventualities as enemy infiltration. The chief of security was also responsible for the maintenance, distribution, and control of personnel weapons, such as hand phasers, and was expected to maintain proficiency in the use of each kind.
Because of the multitude of responsibilities involved, the security chief always held the tank of full lieutenant or above.
Known Chief Security OfficersEdit
- Lieutenant Commander Shia'le
- Lieutenant Natasha Yar - USS Enterprise-D (2364-2366)
- Lieutenant Commander Worf - USS Enterprise-D (2366-2371); USS Enterprise-E (2372-2373)
- Odo - Deep Space 9 (2369-2375)
- Lieutenant Commander Tuvok - USS Voyager (2371-2378)
- Commander Zak Kebron - USS Excalibur (2373-2376); USS Excalibur-A (2376-2380); USS Invincible (2385- )
- Lieutenant Dul'krah, Clan Korekh - USS Bajor (2409- )
- Haria Lyron - USS Pioneer
- Sho Sakura - USS Pioneer
- Sharise Bryant - USS Victory-D
- Connie Porter - USS Victory-D & USS Victory-E
- Chell - Deep Space 12
- Savok - USS Valiant
- Michelle Robinson - USS Enterprise-E
- Jamie Mitchell - USS Helena