Like any wikia, Memory Gamma has policies, rules and guidelines.
Please read through the policies on this page to familiarize yourself with our common practices and standards. If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please post them on the talk page.
Memory Gamma has a few policies and guidelines that you should look at before making any major contributions to the wiki.
- Memory Gamma is a fanon website, so original work by people. Books are non-canon, so they go on Memory Beta, official stuff set out in the six TV series and 11 films go on Memory Alpha. You can use people and ships from either of these, as long as you create more history for it.
- Try to make good ideas, don't say Janeway has a purple fish. (Warning: It will be deleted!)
- Make sure pages you create are relevant to Memory Gamma.
- Do not use other people's work without their permission!!!
- If an author wishes to discontinue using any articles, whether it be a ship or a planet or anything else, please do not use it yourself without first asking the original author. You would have to create a new history for the ship, plus a different registry.
- Editing Policy A guide on how to edit articles, and how to style them.
- Naming Articles How to name new articles.
- Deletion Policy When deleting pages becomes necessary.
- Stories Editing Policy
- Disambiguations For potential article title conflicts.
- Have fun, we have only a small amount of policies, maybe some more coming, so it's not hard to stay out of trouble.