A Flag Officer-in-Command, or FOIC, is a commissioned officer who is senior enough to be entitled to fly a flag to represent where he/she exercises command.
Duties & FunctionsEdit
An FOIC is the Commanding Officer of a major unit or subdivision of Starfleet, which is composed of several single-commands. This may be a task force, a starbase, a fleet, or any other command assignment of equal magnitude. As such, an FOIC performs the same duties as a CO but in a much larger scale and over several individual Starfleet commands.
Flag officer in command of all Starfleet operations, that out rank all Starfleet flag officers.
Fleet Admiral Jesse Greer - Starfleet Communications
- Fleet Admiral Maximus Hunter - Vanguard Command & Vanguard Fleet.
- Rear Admiral (upper grade) Jean-Luc Picard - Task Force Invincible.
- Rear Admiral (upper grade) James Kirk - Task Force Rogue
- Rear Admiral (lower grade) William Riker - Task Force Paladin
- Rear Admiral (lower grade) Benjamin Sisko - Task Force Dauntless
- Rear Admiral (lower grade) Vraath ch'Evram - Task Force Belligerent
- Rear Admiral (lower grade) Robert DeSoto - Task Force Shogun
- Rear Admiral (lower grade) Kathryn Janeway - Task Force Viceroy
- Rear Admiral (lower grade) Mackenzie Calhoun - Task Force Regent