The Chief Engineer, or Ship's Chief Engineer, or SCE, is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all ship's or station's systems.
Duties & FunctionsEdit
This includes pre-scheduled preventative maintenance, system upgrades and repairs to correct malfunctioning or damaged systems. The SCE is easily the most demanding officer posting aboard a starship or space station next to the commanding officer because the SCE's responsibility is virtually every part of the ship or station, with the exception of the crew.
The SCE is a department head position requiring a rank of Lieutenant or above. On large vessels, the SCE is usually a Lieutenant commander. If the chief engineer holds the rank of captain, then he/she would be known as the captain of engineering.
Known Starfleet EngineersEdit
- Charles Tucker - USS Enterprise
- Charlie Strauss - USS Artemis
- Montgomery Scott - USS Enterprise, USS Enterprise-A
- Geordi LaForge - USS Enterprise-D, USS Enterprise-E
- Miles O'Brien - Deep Space 9
- B'Elanna Torres - USS Voyager
- Burgoyne 172 - USS Excalibur
- Nicole Rahall - USS L'Étoile du Nord
- First of Eight - USS Federalist
- Jasper Kingsley - USS Pioneer and USS Hawthorne
- Tricia Jensen - USS Pioneer
- Robin Lefler - USS Excelsior
- Stephanie Thomas - USS Victory-D & USS Victory-E
- Charlene Tate - Deep Space 12
- Tina Campanelli - USS Valiant
- Wesley Crusher-USS Enterprise-E
- Julia Watson-USS Helena (NCC-80455)