The Black Lightning Fleet is a large, highly specialized group of Task Forces operated by Starfleet Command.
All Task forces are based in the high security Wormhole Installation.
From there they are can be deployed to '’any’’ system in minutes by traveling through the Wormhole.
In many cases, a "scout-ship" with Slipstream capability will be sent ahead to determine the situation and clear an area for the Wormhole's egress.
The Black Lightning Fleet is composed of many diverse TF separated by primary mission:
- Jehovah Jireh (Open Combat)
- Jehoval Shalom (Ambassadorial)
- Jehovah Rapha (Construction/Repair)
- Jehovah Nissi (Reserve Combat)
- Jehovah Kiriath (Black Ops)
- El-Shaddai (Medical/Support)
- Emmanuel (Medical/Support)
- Lamb of God (Strike/Reconnaissance)
The Jehovah Task Forces are formed of:
- 1 Worldship for command/repair
- 2-5 Hyperion-class battle-cruisers for Standoff Attack & Fire Support
- 10-30 Aslan-class Leviathans for Combat Reconnaissance & Deep Strike
- 60-200 Legacy-class escorts for Close-Combat & Swarming
The Other Task Forces are formed of:
- 1-2 Worldships for evacuation/repair
- 1-4 Hyperion-class battle-cruisers for medical support
- 10-30 Aslan-class Leviathans for tug/transport
- 60-200 Legacy-class ships for escort
- 1 Invincible-class Fire Suppression & Deep Strike
Overall command of the Black Lightning Fleet falls to the Fleet Admiral; currently Michael Atreides
- Jehovah Jireh is commanded by Admiral Joshua Bunting
- Jehovah Nissi is commanded by Admiral Robbie Joyner
- Jehovah Rapha is commanded by Commander Jehoiada Schmidt (Special commission)
Immediately after the Fleet’s formation, when Michael Atreides had just been promoted to Commodore, the fleet participated in Operation Delta.
The Jehovah Jireh Task Force succeeded in eliminating enough Borg controlled systems for the Borg to send the majority of their fleets to counter it.
While the major defenses were away, the Jehovah Kiriath Task Force loaded the neurogenic virus into the Borg’s primary nexus – slowly shutting down the Borg as the traditional Sovereign-class and Galaxy-class fleets entered the area, blasted the dying cubes, and claimed victory.
While they were unsuccessful, the current guards were also unable to capture them.
The Jehoval Jireh used a phased nano-space variance within their Wormhole to follow the temporal agents to a future period.
After a short battle where approximately 1/4th of the Jehovah Jirah fleet had to be dock on their Worldship for repairs, the Hyperion-class USS Xbinrpeov managed to locate a weakness in the enemy shields which quickly allowed victory.
All 3 task Forces are currently involved deterring in the escalating Wyrqux incident.